Putting the Big Squeeze on Big Data
Developed specifically for z/OS, MegaZip supports multiple cross-platform compression formats such as Gzip, ZIP, ZIP64, and TAR formats. By reducing file sizes by up to 95%, MegaZip empowers data centers to expedite business processes and meet operational deadlines, reduce data storage, and compliment time constraints. MegaZip is built for cross-platform interoperation, equipped with user-friendly interfaces, Text Conversion utilities, and complimentary BLOWFISH cryptography.
EBCDIC/ASCII Text Conversion
MegaZip for z/OS includes EBCDIC to ASCII text conversion to effortlessly accommodate data intended for operating systems outside of z/OS. MegaZip ensures text compressed on ASCII platforms will be rapidly and easily converted to EBCDIC after decompression on the z/OS operating system. MegaZip’s text conversion utilities may also be used before compressing text destined to an ASCII platform so that after decompression, text is immediately usable.
Record delimiters may be easily added to records of your files with or without the conversion of text. In addition, MegaZip allows users the freedom and versatility to select the text conversion service that best fits their need. By utilizing z/OS Unicode services, MegaZip enables text conversion for widely-supported code pages, including EBCDIC and ASCII English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
Hardware and Multi-Format Support
MegaZip will decompress any files zipped by supported compression methods such as ZIP, ZIP64 and GZip. MegaZip also allows for the extraction of files from TAR archive files. Additionally, MegaZip supports hardware-enabled compression and decompression for
z/OS data sets, allowing for the efficient compaction of EBCDIC text on disk or tape.
Performance and Security
In addition to its compression and decompression capabilities, MegaZip ensures security for your data by enabling symmetric BLOWFISH 448-bit encryption and decryption for data on disk or tape. Also included with MegaZip is the PC companion program MGCBLOW for interoperation with any Windows user including users of MegaZip or MegaCryption on z/OS. MegaZip and MGCBLOW users have the ability to create Self-Decrypting Archives (SDA’s) for password-decryption of data on Windows without the hassle of installing decryption software.
MegaZip z/OS Mainframe Compression Software: The Benefits
• Single or Multi-File Compression/Decompression
• High-Performance Zip/Unzip Rates Won’t Slow Your System Down
• Developed Specifically for z/OS operations using Zip, Zip64, & GZip
• Decompress Any File Created using the Popular Zip File Format for High Compatibility
• Up to 95% Compression Rate Dramatically Saves your Disk Space and Bandwidth
• EBCDIC To ASCII and ASCII to EBCDIC Text Conversions for Cross-Platform Readability
• Included Free With MegaZip: BLOWFISH Encryption for z/OS and Windows
• Create Self-Decrypting Encrypted Archives for Windows Users
• Simple-to-Use ISPF Application and Sample Executable JCL Libraries