Almost every day new or changed program packages have to be moved from Test to Production. Such a change includes not only the programs itself, it includes also the JCL, scheduler definitions, and datacards. Every organization has its specific rules, the objects must be adapted to the requirements of the target system. In addition, legal provisions require the full traceability of all actions. Possible organizational architectures may vary from simple systems with test and production on a single CPU to complex "multi-room systems” with special testing machines, integration paltforms and separate production environments for several clients.
ProcMan is an answer to the special needs of a production oriented environment: The transfer is controlled by user friendly dialogs, JCL and scheduler definitions are autmatically converted and archived. A modern architecture is just as natural as many extra features such as integrated reporting and cross references.
• Automatic checking and conversion of JCL according to rules, eg change all dataset names from TEST.* to PROD.*, insert account parameters automatically and so on
• Selection and editing of the objects with “easy-to-use” dialogues, eg. different TWSz dialogs for developers and production planners
ProcMan allows you to create, modify, and delete following objects:
• JCL (Jobs and Procs)
• SYSIN (Datacards)
• Schedulerdefinitions (TWSz)
• "Ad hoc" Job requests (TWSz)
• Files (PS, VSAM, GDG)
The architecture is modern and tailored to the special needs of z/OS oriented data centers:
• REXX based JCL rules
• Flexibly adaptable to different organizational forms
• Open data model using DB2
• Supports typical standards like RACF and LDAP