Scan files searching for character strings and optionally replace them with new character strings.
Global Search and Replace (GSR) supports wildcards and prints an audit trail.
• Useful for converting programs or JCL, for all references to a file, data field, or called subprogram, etc.
• Scan ICCF and VSE libraries
• List all members containing a character string
• Optionally replace with a new character string
• Audit trail shows each changed line before and after character string replacement
• Wildcard support
• Old and new character strings may be different lengths - remaining data is shifted (if any data is truncated, an error message is produced)
• May process multiple libraries in one pass
• May include or exclude certain members via table card
• Process up to 99 sets of character strings in one pass
• Reload members using DTSUTIL or LIBR. Optionally check report before making changes
• Optionally print entire member or selected statements (DLBLs, TLBLs) for documenting JCL libraries
• Useful when mass changes to a set of files or members are needed. No need to individually edit and make repetitive changes.
• Input can be from a PDS or Sequential file
• Optionally creates a IEBUPDTE-format file so that all members can be edited together for specialized changes such as column alignment across multiple members
• Search and replace up to 99 character strings in one pass
• ISPF panel support included
• Search option can be used without replacing data
• Reports can list only finds/changes or members containing a string (other report options available as well)
• PDS members can be optionally included or excluded (wildcards are allowed)
• Wildcards can also be used in the search string